A typical project benefits from the concision of a single-sentence commit message. Detailed explanations of what you are doing and, more importantly, why you are doing should go into the Pull Request description.
Write a concise message, starting with a capitalized verb in the root form, explaining what you did to the code and what the code does to the software
- “Edit style to implement new button design”
- “Upgrade package to remove vulnerabilities”
- “Refactor file structure to improve code readability”
- “Rewrite methods to improve performance”
- “Add endpoints to implement new customer dashboard”
Also, no need to add a period in the end. As a commit message will always be a single sentence, it adds no information.
Nov 14, 2019